Georgia Heritage 2000 Grant

In 1995, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR)/Historic Preservation Division awarded the Shields-Ethridge Farm a Georgia Heritage 2000 grant totaling $10,000. This grant along with matching funds from the Foundation were used to restore Bachelors’ Academy, the Farm’s 1909 schoolhouse.

The schoolhouse is used to host visitors to the farm and provide interpretative space for the museum.

The Georgia Heritage 2000 Grant is one of two historic preservation grants received by the Shields-Ethridge Farm and was prepared by the Northeast Georgia Regional Development Center (RDC).