Photography at SEHF
Photographs and videos are a wonderful way to remember your visit to Shields-Ethridge Farm. We allow visitors to take casual photographs and videos of their visit for their own personal use. But, if you are coming to the farm for the purpose of taking posed photos or photos of the buildings and grounds for commercial use or profit, please complete our Photography Permit Request Form to obtain a photo permit.
The Photography Guidelines outlined below are intended for all customers and visitors, but a permit is necessary for those who wish to use Shields-Ethridge Farm (SEHF) as the background for posed or commercial photography. This includes wedding, family, engagement, graduation, prom, senior photos and those taken for commercial use or profit. This applies to professional and non-professional photographers alike.
Wedding ceremonies, receptions or other special occasions scheduled at SEHF are welcome to take their photographs during their rental time at no additional fee.
General Photography/Videography Guidelines
- Please complete our Permit Request Form to get started. We will schedule a visit and arrange for your Photo Permit Fee payment.
- Please call ahead to schedule your visit. There may be another scheduled event that would conflict with a photo shoot. In the event of rain, you may reschedule your session.
- Photography sessions must be during normal daytime hours unless given special permission by the owners. Additional fees may apply if requesting access to SEHF outside of the normal business hours.
- Posed photographs may be taken in the outdoor areas only unless given special permission by the owners.
- Remain on the walkways at all times.
- Do not disturb or remove materials or equipment or any other item to stage a photo.
- Do not block access to pathways or roads.
- Guests should come dressed and prepared for their photo session. There are no changing areas available.
- There are no bathrooms.
- SEHF reserves the right to restrict access to certain areas.
- Photography sessions must not interfere with the enjoyment of other visitors or create any safety concerns.
Photo Permit Fees:
$75.00 for non-professional photography (per session)
$150.00 for professional photography (per session)
Photo permit fees are used to support ongoing maintenance and repairs that help preserve this historical heritage farm for years to come.
Although the open availability of the grounds may convey the atmosphere of a public park, Shields-Ethridge Farm is a non-profit farm and residence. Your cooperation with these policies will help ensure that the experience of all customers, visitors and those that live and work here, is a positive one. And, your support will help us maintain the beauty of the buildings and their history for future photographers.