The Shields-Ethridge Farm was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on June 25, 1992 as a historic district that includes 65 historic resources on over 500 acres dating from the 1800-1930s.
The district is significant for representing a cery intact piedmont Georgia farmstead with a multitude of agricultural, industrial, and domestic resources” (National Register nomination).
The Shields-Ethridge Farm was originally settled in 1799 by James Shields and remains as an active farm today.
View the National Register of Historic Places official entry for the Shields-Ethridge Farm.
View the photos of the Shields-Ethridge Farm at the National Register’s official Flickr Photostream.
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources Historic Preservation Division nominates eligible properties in Georgia to the National Register (NR) so they can receive preservation benefits and incentives. Being listed in the NR provides formal recognition of a property’s historical, architectural, or archaeological significance based on national standards.